We’re excited to announce that the 24th Annual Southern Tennis Escape Tournament will be held March 10-12, 2017, at the beautiful Palmetto Dunes Tennis Resort in Hilton Head, SC. This is a new location and an incredible venue for our tennis tournament.
Open to all skill levels, the tournament format will be doubles and mixed doubles*. Players may enter up to two events. If any one level does not have enough participants to make a draw, it may be moved to the next highest level OR a singles draw may be created. You are guaranteed a minimum of two matches in each event. If you enter an event without a partner, we will try and match you up with one. The earlier you enter, the better your chances are for pairing.
Tournament Update: We hope you had a wonderful time at the Southern Tennis Escape. We are grateful to the Palmetto Dunes Tennis Center and their wonderful staff for hosting our tournament. We really appreciate all the wonderful comments and hope you can make it next year.
Check us out on Facebook for tournament updates: www.facebook.com/southerntennisescape (Please consider “liking” and “sharing” the tournament)
Practice courts will be available on March 9 at 1:00 p.m. Play will begin on Friday, March 10 at 8:00 a.m. A full consolation round will be included as court time permits. Most matches will be played on clay courts. If inclement weather occurs, the scoring system may change to accommodate matches. Proper tennis attire is required.
We are bringing attention to two worthy causes:
- Tennis Thanks the Troops: This wonderful organization provides need-based post-secondary scholarships for college, technical and vocational school, to the children and spouses of military men and women. More information about this program will be shared in your grab bags at the tennis tournament.
- Atlanta Youth Tennis Foundation: We will be collecting used rackets, tennis bags, and ball hoppers for USTA’s inner-city tennis program (Atlanta Youth Tennis Foundation: a non-profit organization whose mission is to “promote the physical and mental development of under-served youth through tennis and education). We collected more last year than we ever have before….so, let’s collect even more this year!
Please feel free to contact Michael if you have questions about the tournament. Or, post something on our Guestbook if you have a comment about the tournament, or are trying to locate a partner (located at the link in the left navigation). Additionally, if you or your company would like to provide sponsorship in any form, please contact Michael.
A special thank you to our sponsors:
– Nadine Doyle, Isagenix Wellness Coach – Discover this transformational nutritional system designed to support weight loss, athletic performance, healthy aging, and achieving greater energy and sleep quality. Products range from healthy snacks, protein shakes, protein bars, and everything in between. Nadine will offer complimentary products ($40 value) to all Southern Tennis Escape participants who enroll in a qualifying Isagenix pack – so be sure to find her and learn more!
– League Tennis for their continued support of our tournament. League Tennis is a fun, flexible league, so give it a try! Never played in a flex league? Give League Tennis a try. You’ll love it!
– Andrews Incentive Marketing Please check out the Andrews Incentive Marketing Web site for great ideas for personal and corporate promotional goods.
Please note – This is a three-day tournament with finals on Sunday. Early departures affect the tournament schedule, so please plan accordingly.
Looking forward to another fantastic Tennis Escape March 10 – 12, 2017!
Until then, hit ’em hard!
~ Michael Doyle