We’re excited to announce that the 25th Annual Southern Tennis Escape Tournament will be held March 16-18, 2018, at the beautiful Palmetto Dunes Tennis Resort in Hilton Head, SC. We’re extremely excited to hold the event at such a luxurious venue.
We will also be having a fun/entertaining Pickle Ball event on Thursday evening. Keep Friday night open as well as we will have a players banquet.
The 2018 tournament will sell out well in advance of the deadline. Please enter early in order to reserve your spot.
Update: We are opening the tournament for late entries. Please enter quickly to ensure your spot. Also, if your planned partner isn’t entered, please contact them and have them enter ASAP.
Open to all skill levels, the tournament format will be doubles and mixed doubles*. Players may enter up to two events. If any one level does not have enough participants to make a draw, it may be moved to the next highest level OR a singles draw may be created. You are guaranteed a minimum of two matches in each event. If you enter an event without a partner, we will try and match you up with one. The earlier you enter, the better your chances are for pairing.
Practice courts will be available on March 15 at 2:00 p.m. Book your condo through our room block in order to secure your complimentary court time. Play will begin on Friday, March 16 at 8:00 a.m. A full consolation round will be included as court time permits. Most matches will be played on clay courts. If inclement weather occurs, the scoring system may change to accommodate matches. Proper tennis attire is required.
Check us out on Facebook for tournament updates: www.facebook.com/southerntennisescape (Please consider “liking” and “sharing” the tournament)
We are bringing attention to two worthy causes:
- Tennis Thanks the Troops: This wonderful organization provides need-based post-secondary scholarships for college, technical and vocational school, to the children and spouses of military men and women. More information about this program will be shared in your grab bags at the tennis tournament.
- Atlanta Youth Tennis Foundation: We will be collecting used rackets, tennis bags, and ball hoppers for USTA’s inner-city tennis program (Atlanta Youth Tennis Foundation: a non-profit organization whose mission is to “promote the physical and mental development of under-served youth through tennis and education). We collected more last year than we ever have before….so, let’s collect even more this year!
Please feel free to contact Michael if you have questions about the tournament. Or, post something on our Guestbook if you have a comment about the tournament, or are trying to locate a partner (located at the link in the left navigation). Additionally, if you or your company would like to provide sponsorship in any form, please contact Michael.
A special thank you to our sponsors:
– Nadine Doyle, Isagenix Wellness Coach – Discover this transformational nutritional system designed to support weight loss, athletic performance, healthy aging, and achieving greater energy and sleep quality. Products range from healthy snacks, protein shakes, protein bars, and everything in between.
– League Tennis for their continued support of our tournament. League Tennis is a fun, flexible league, so give it a try! Never played in a flex league? Give League Tennis a try. You’ll love it!
– Andrews Incentive Marketing Please check out the Andrews Incentive Marketing Web site for great ideas for personal and corporate promotional goods.
Please note – This is a three-day tournament with finals on Sunday. Early departures affect the tournament schedule, so please plan accordingly.
Looking forward to another fantastic Tennis Escape March 16-18, 2018!
Until then, hit ’em hard!
~ Michael Doyle